Monday, November 1, 2010

How do I go about getting a work visa to live and work in Japan


How do I go about getting a work visa to live and work in Japan?
What is it? How do I get it? Is it hard to get it? Do you need to go to college to get one??? Thanks for any help in advance. Much appreaciated! I know I'm ignorant to these things. -Soni
Japan - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Get a degree in the US first. Take JLPT (Japanese-Language Proficiency Test) Level1, if you don't have. Japan is not immigrant country like the US. 98% of the population is Japanese. And Japan do not issue working permit to simple jobs, such as waitless, dishwasher and janitor, etc. Going to Japanese Univ is another option.
2 :
To get a working visa, you must have a job first. The company that sponsers you will give you paperwork to take to the Japanese Embassy. For a foreigner to get a job in Japan, most companies require at least a university degree. Good luck!
3 :
I guess it's very difficult. My friends need to work in Japan because the companies employing them request to do. The other cases I know are very few. If you are lucky and talented, you might move to Japan. 1) US army in Okinawa, or navy in Yokosuka 2) “Disney land” group is searching casts. ( like as “Cinderella” ) If you are NOT US citizen, you might be able to apply for a Working Holiday Visa.
4 :
If you can get working holidays visa and also likes to skiing or snowboard may be you can look for the job in Niseko Hokkaido One more may be if you can apply for ALT teacher for Japan, teaching English to high school students I think this is easy way
5 :
hello, this must be really useful)) http://www.thunderguy.com/japan/work-in-japan/work-visa/work-visa-process/