Friday, October 14, 2011

Do I need to go to University to work in Japan


Do I need to go to University to work in Japan?
So I want to become a graphic designer and then move to Japan and work there as a graphic designer( Yes I am studying Japanese right now ^.^). But see I heard the only way to get a job in Japan is if you went to university for your education. So if I go to college for graphic design and get a BA degree...will I still be able to get a job in Japan?
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I'd go get that degree, yeah. :] Good luck!
2 :
I highly recommend getting a degree. Remember that you will be competing with MANY people for jobs, and the only way to get the interview will be by selling yourself on paper via your resume. Having a university degree gets you in the door, especially in Japan where education is both regimented and highly regarded. You may want to look at approaching your entrance to Japan in another manner. With a Bachelor's degree, you could easily get a job teaching English there. While doing this, you could work on your portfolio in your spare time, perfect your Japanese (gambatte, ne!), and do research on prospective employers in your area. I get the sense that you have two separate desires: first to become a graphic designer, second to live in Japan. Get the BA to demonstrate a commitment to your education that the Japanese will expect, and let your passion show through when you do get there, however you do it. Best of luck!