Sunday, November 7, 2010

Can a Wii bought in Japan work in New Zealand


Can a Wii bought in Japan work in New Zealand?
Hi!!!! For my son's birthday I want to buy him a Wii. Problem is we will move back to NZ next year and I'm wondering if the games etc are going to be compatible. I've got an adapter for the power so don't worry about that. Any help would be most appreciated!
Nintendo Wii - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I'm pretty sure it would however, if hats the case why not buy him a wii in New Zealand?
2 :
I'm sorry to say, but I've just been to Japan myself and I was told not to buy any of the wii games because they would not be compatiable with Australian Wii. However, there is a chance what I was told was wrong. I'm quite sure that it would work if the too systems are the same. In Australia (and assuming New Zealand is the same) we use the PAL system. Check to make sure that the Japan Wii's are PAL also.
3 :
Sorry no... unfortunately all wiis and games bought in japan only work in japan. Japan has a special NTSC format that is even different from the North American NTSC. If you plan on buying games in new Zealand(most people buy more games) than your gonna need a PAL Wii.