Saturday, July 7, 2012

What are some good reasons to live and work in Japan


What are some good reasons to live and work in Japan?
Mostly just want pros.
Japan - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
My sister worked there for a year doing her student teaching at an International School in Nagoya. I was in grade school at the time and my parents thought it would be a good experience for me to go there for a while and stay with her. It changed my life- LOL. Japan is hypnotically beautiful. There are cons, to be sure, but many pros. The food is so much better than in the US. I had a lot of problems getting sick when I came back to the US for a while because of all the chemicals and additives we are used to- they just are not in the foods in Japan. Everything is much more efficient there and the people really take an interest in you as a person, not just nod and walk on. Everything is so very different, like mirror opposite, from the way we look at things, the way we think and the assumptions we make- just total opposite. I really hope you can get to know Japanese people and the culture while there, not just look at it from a tourist bus. It will affect you, perhaps forever change the way you look at things, as it did me.
2 :
You want to live and work there? once you meet the requirements, visa, right degree etc then you can sit down and relax. If you want to get a good job down there, make sure you have the right degree (very important, research on this) and learn some Japanese (depending on what level you want to achieve, this can take years). You will still be at the queue though once a capable Japanese has been given first base. The easiest way of beating the Japanese guy to the job is by working for a major multinational company with branches all over the world including Japan. This might be banking and finance, I.T, science etc. If they like you, they employ you and they might send you to Japan (assuming they have an office there) for training for example. This would mean you will need a very good CV. Or for a fast cheap way (not as in price but the thought of it) marry a Japanese and appy for a spousal visa My advice to you will be to visit Japan to get a feel for the place, meet and ask people and comeback and ask sleep on it. Think carefully about this
3 :
For me, it's a feeling of safety for myself and my family. Gotta' be number one on the list. Well, the above is closely linked to the downside. It's much like Jamaica, you have to stay out of the road, because neither the Japanese or Jamaicans are safe drivers. Though I do think that Japanese drivers are a bit safer than the Jamaicans.