Thursday, June 7, 2012

How can I get my external hard drive to work in Japan


How can I get my external hard drive to work in Japan?
It's a iomega hard drive, and I am in France, so what do I need to buy in order to make it work properly? Thanks! alright, i was just thinking about the voltage stuff and adapters but well... ok
Other - Hardware - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
a language translater so it can speak the proper language edit: i dont feel like being a dick so ill try to help, i dont think you would need anything to get it to work, it should work the same regardless of the location it is being used in.
2 :
Location will not make any difference to the normal use of your hardware. Cheers edit: In regards to power etc. Japan uses a 100volt system while France (as you probably know) uses 220volt. You would need a power adapter for your unit to be used in Japan if your Omega HD uses an external power source. If it is a portable drive powered by USB it will work the same. An adapter would probably cost more than buying another drive when you get there! Cheers