Friday, October 1, 2010

How to get a place to work in Japan as in Medical field


How to get a place to work in Japan as in Medical field?
I am a medical school student... I heard from some of my friends that the shortage of doctor in Japan is serious in rural area. My question is that what should I do ... if I want to find a place to do my internship or resident in there.... I can speak a little Japanese... If there is a possibility to work in Japan I will go improve my Japanese before I graduate...!!! Thanks for replyinig...!!
Japan - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Come to Australia, we need doctors badly. I broke my arm and had to wait 8 hours for a doctor to talk to me. And 8 hours is considered quick here.
2 :
How about applying all that knowledge you must have to become a doctor to finding out what to do. It's not like there's a bunch of English-speaking non-Japanese doctors who work in Japan here. Anyway, if you're young enough, there are scholarships that the Japanese government offers. You could try to apply for one of those and maybe do some specific research in Japan. While doing that, you could be finding out directly from people in the medical field what needs to be done.
3 :
"A little" Japanese isn't going to do it. You will need to be able to speak, read and write Japanese at an above average level. Fewer people in rural areas speak English. Many have had zero contact with non-Japanese. How can you do an internship without fully knowing the language ? Sorry, you have no chance. To get a work visa you need a job offer before you get there.
4 :
Few people in rural areas can speak English. And as Carl said, many of them have never had any contact with a non-Japanese person. They're not going to trust a gaijin.