Friday, May 21, 2010

Does the sony ericcson xperia x10 work in japan


Does the sony ericcson xperia x10 work in japan?
I go to Japan every summer and I would like a phone that would operate correctly while I'm there. I want to be able to go on the internet while walking around in japan and checking my e-mail, facebook, twitter and etc. If possible tell me about the plans that are available for this. Thank you sooo much :)
Japan - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I really wouldn't advise using a foreign 3G network on your mobile. You will end up with hundreds of dollars worth of usage charges. I have read horror stories of people getting phone bills in excess of $1000 from using their phones excessively whilst overseas. Your phone should work but you will probably need to contact your provider and let them know you are traveling overseas and need international roaming. When you contact them it would be a good idea to ask them about international charges for using your phone overseas. It will be significantly higher than when using domestically. My advice would be to either limit your phone usage to emergencies or there are some places you can hire a phone for while you are here. There are places in Narita and Kansai airports that hire out phones. This is probably a much cheaper/safer option. It isn't possible to simply get a prepaid simcard and use that in your phone here either. All mobile phones here are tied to networks and it is a lengthy and difficult process even to sign up for a new prepaid phone. If you decide to use your phone here on your current network and regularly check twitter, facebook, etc. then make sure you have a spare $1000 for when the phone bill comes in.