Sunday, May 1, 2011

how would my cell phone work in japan


how would my cell phone work in japan?
i'm going to japan next year. i want to take my cell phone with me and be able to txt or call my friends from there. so how do i program my phone to do that in japan? and is it possible to get a more advanced phone in japan and bring it back to the usa to get it to work there. i know thats illegal but what-ever. i wanna know.
Japan - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It's not illegal, but it won't work. Japan uses CDMA technology while the US uses GSM technology. So you can't "program your phone to work there. You could use your phone if it has international roaming, but it will be very expensive. The Japanese phones are quite awesome. I have one just for visiting Japan.