Thursday, April 14, 2011

Will my dual voltage flat iron work in Japan


Will my dual voltage flat iron work in Japan?
Okay, so I'm going to Japan over the summer and I have a dual voltage flat iron which is 120v to 240v *60/50Hz. I've done a little research and the standard voltage in Japan is 100v. Will my flat iron turn on? I'm assuming if my flat iron does turn on, it wont heat up as fast or it won't be as hot. Please clarify for me! Thanks!
Japan - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
im very sure that it will turn on but it may take a little bit longer to heat up not very much though, you should be fine
2 :
I just brought my chi flat iron with me to Japan specifically Tokyo and Kyoto. I had no problem and it has the same voltage as yours. The main thing is to make sure it has 2 prongs only on it. The only difference I found was that it didn't get as hot. I have thick course hair and it still worked but I had to do smaller pieces of hair and it took a bit longer. Rather than being done in 10 minutes- it took about 15 minutes. I am speaking about staying in hotels.
3 :
Not much difference between 100V and 120V there is. Actually even in Japan, some area or part of the district and sometimes have more or less than 100V due to its demand at TPO. You don't need to be so nervous to handle flat iron anyway.
4 :
Electric is proportional to the square of voltage. 100V = 1*1 = 1 120V = 1.2*1.2 = 1.44 100V = 0.7 when 120V = 1. So, your iron may only show power less than 70%. You will feel lack of power of your iron. (Some of hotel rent an iron.)