Saturday, February 21, 2009

Will games I buy from Japan work in America


Will games I buy from Japan work in America?
I'm going to go to Japan during the summer and I was wondering if I buy a game for the Wii and DVDs from japan would it work in America? Some people told me that it wouldn't work and I just wanted to makes sure of it. It's for USA and Is it the same for DVDS?
Nintendo Wii - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
depends which country in américa, since even in the continent the game consoles have different tweaks. so be more specific to which country you are bringing those to.
2 :
yes but only if is from the brand.
3 :
The wii is region locked so Japanese games wont work on an American console, at least not without modifying the console, as for the DVD's it depends on the DVD player most wont play DVD's from other countries, but some do.
4 :
Japanese DVD and Wii games will not work on an American Wii or Region 1 DVD. If you have a DVD player that's for all regions, then you can watch Japanese DVDs on it.