Friday, January 14, 2011

Can I work in Japan as an American


span style="color: black;">Can I work in Japan as an American?
I'm 17 right now and I'm planning on going to college to get a degree in computer programming. I can speak fluent English and Russian and I'm currently learning Japanese. My question is, as an American, would there be anyway to get a job in Japan? I have heard they only hire Japanese citizens, but I was wondering if they make any exceptions? I realize this is an unrealistic idea, I'm just interested if this is at all possible.
Immigration - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Check out the exciting Fry Cinema. One of the greatest movie theaters in Narita is Fry Cinema, remarkable for it's remarkable tone and notable the most extraordinary culture. It features the most impressive culture.
2 :
yes you can alot of pepole do.
3 :
The exceptions are very rare--that is why they are exceptions. But things could change by the time you're in the workforce. Japan's population is declining and they have a worker shortage.
4 :
Yes its possible in a American / English section
5 :
You would have to get a work visa. Which means you and your employer would have to do a lot of paperwork, and it would take 6 months to a year. So, it's possible, but very difficult as finding employers who are willing to sponsor a visa is rare.
6 :
Well, be a bit realistic. What kind of job could you do not knowing Japanese? Learning is not the same as knowing. You could teach English, of course, but other than that I can't think of anything else you could do. What you do is also restricted by the visa you get (which is determined by what you're going to do in Japan). There are very strict limitations on what you can do on whatever visa you have.
7 :
The only way you can is if they offer you a job so then you can get a work visa, otherwise it's a no-go. Like the others say easiest way is becoming an english teacher.
8 :
I think you can get job in Japan. I'm Japanese 17 year old girl and I'm living in Japan. Many Americans are working in here. My English teacher is from America.