Sunday, March 14, 2010

How does the legal drinking age work in Japan


How does the legal drinking age work in Japan?
I know that the legal drinking age is 20 years but can you enter a club or bar under 20 if your not drinking? and how about restaurants that serve alcohol? How does it all work?
Japan - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It depends on each bar/club/restaurant. Some bars do not let you enter without ID. But you can enter a restaurant definitely. Some restaurants ask you to show your ID if you order alcohol.
2 :
I'm 19 and as long as I've lived here, I've only been stopped and asked for ID twice. One of those times, they let me in anyway, even after seeing my ID. I've even bought alcohol in my high school uniform, lol. To be honest, they really just don't care. Just don't get caught by the police.
3 :
Japanese clubs or restaurants don't care Gaijin(foreigner)'s age at all. If you pay, they'll serve you what you want anything even if you're low teen.